Friday, April 27, 2012

Settling in

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing good. I've been in Guam for basically 4 days and I'm settling in pretty well. Been so busy! I've realized just how crazy and hectic a circuit overseers life is!! But it has been pretty awesome. The congregation that we are serving is so nice and loving. They've made me feel right at home. I've even already got some offers from a few different families if I need somewhere to stay. So nice right?!

Field service is very hot and sticky. But I think I can handle! Like I even have an option haha. The people here in Guam are nice and most take the time to have a conversation. There is great potential in this territory.

My first door was interesting. I knocked and a man came out in boxers, holding a rifle! Yes a rifle! "whoa is this what Guam is like!?" I was thinking. He looked at me, saw the expression on my face, looked down at his gun and realized that I was frightened. "oh im sorry!" he said and brought the gun back inside! Later he explained he was heading out to shooting practice and had not harmful intentions! Hahaha!!! It was an experience that's for sure. We actually had a very good discussion, and he may come to the meeting on Sunday!
Hopefully arms free :)


No comments:

Post a Comment