Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trip of a Lifetime

Trip of a Lifetime


  What an AMAZING journey! Words cannot describe how awesome, faith strengthening, and breath taking the last 8 months of my life have been. Before coming to Micronesia I was told by the District Overseer that it was a very special place, and I did believe him. But now I can fully understand what he meant, and why he said that. Micronesia is truly a wonderful place. It also is a place you cannot really get the full picture of until you have been there. With that being said, my ensuing description of my trip will not do it justice, but I'll try my best to explain in full detail why this trip was so unbelievably memorable.

  If you've been following my blog for some time I'm sure you can tell by the pictures and experiences that the people in Micronesia are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and this doesn't only go for the witnesses. Almost all of the people I have come in contact with are nicer than I am used to, which makes my goal of Serving where the need is greater and preaching to people a whole lot easier and enjoyable. Micronesian people are so kind and hospitable, and being invited in to their house and offered food is very common. This has been one of the reasons that my trip was so awesome. Preaching and teaching people who are hungry for the truth, and are more than willing to talk to you about the bible is such a blessing and enjoyment that many witnesses around the world find to be very rare. But in Micronesia it happens everyday, and in some places. at almost every door! This aspect of my trip was really faith strengthening and encouraging, yet, it was not the part of my trip that stood out the most.

  The scenery that I have witnessed throughout the duration of my trip was unbelievable. It seemed like everyday I was gasping at the beautiful sunsets in Guam. The untouched beaches in many of the Micronesian islands seemed to be spots where only the rich and famous could vacate. And under the surface of the ocean, a whole nother world is revealed. The places that I was able to snorkel at have been some of the best diving spots in the entire world, and I am not exaggerating. The breath taking beauty of creation was definitely a high point of my journey, but there still was something that exceeds this.

  If I had to explain the best part of my trip in one word, it would be 'Love'. I have never received such a great amount of love from such a vast majority of people. It is truly beautiful to see how open people are to expressing how much they love and care for you. I admit that I did underestimate the love that Jehovah's people can and do show. The love that was shown to me in the past 8 months was definitely undeserved, and was obviously true, unselfish, Agape love. This was the highlight of the past 8 months of my life, and I really feel that without this, my trip would have been average at best. So to all of you from Micronesia who are reading this, whether it is from Majuro, Ebeye, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Chuuk, Palau, or Guam, thank you SO MUCH for all the love that contributed to the greatest vacation I could have ever asked for!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment